18Mar / 2016
18. March 2016
Pioneer & Onkyo Europe GmbH are delighted to announce the introduction of a brand new Pioneer AV receiver, the VSX-1131. Incorporating Dolby Atmos and DTS:X object based audio formats*1 plus many other new and innovative features including MCACC*2 Pioneer’s unique automatic sound adjustment technology, now with enhanced support for Dolby Atmos ‘enabled’ speakers, support for the latest network functions including GoogleCast*3, TuneIn, Deezer*3 and TIDAL*3, a new dual band Wi-Fi connection, a new 384kHz/32 bit DAC and support for a new Multi-room Audio*4 capability that allows sources connected to the AV receiver to be played back on additional speakers*5 in different rooms. There is a brand new GUI and support for HDCP 2.2, HDR*6/BT.2020*7.
- Powerful Sound
- A 7.1-channel receiver with 160 W/ch (6 ohms, 1 kHz, THD 1.0 %, 1ch Driven)
- New DAC
- Incorporates a high grade 384kHz/32bit DAC (AK4458) produced by AMK which offers clear, delicate audio reproduction thanks to a unique digital filter which achieves extremely low distortion.
- MCACC - Create the ideal acoustic environment for surround sound
- Pioneer’s MCACC (Multi-Channel Acoustic Calibration System), developed with the expertise of professional recording studios creates the ideal acoustic environment. With a custom microphone, the system automatically compensates for differences in speaker size, level and distance, and equalizes response. A professionally EQ’d audio environment is then created enabling faithful reproduction of the original master sound.
- A brand new feature ‘Reflex Optimizer’ enhances object-based audio reproduction specifically aimed at users of upward firing Dolby Atmos ‘Enabled’ Speakers.
- Phase Control
- As an innovative solution for phase lag between the subwoofer and main L+R speakers, Phase Control compensates the delayed bass to improve sound synchronization. Consequently, it makes LFE more dynamic and achieves clear reproduction of sound in the mid and high frequency bands.
- Dolby Atmos & DTS:X support*8
- The latest object-based audio formats, Dolby Atmos and DTS:X are both supported. This technology utilizes object based data as opposed to traditional channel based data and creates a three dimensional soundscape in the room utilizing height based audio information in addition to the traditional horizontal based audio that is offered by channel based solutions. DTS:X will be supported through a free to download firmware update.
- UltraHD (4K) and HDR compatibility
- VSX-1131 supports 4K/60p/4:4:4 24-bit video signal transmission with HDCP 2.2 technology, ensuring compatibility with the many upcoming UltraHD(4K)sources and televisions.
- In addition, VSX-1131 is also ready for the next generation HDR (High Dynamic Range) and BT.2020*6 video standards.
- ‘Super Resolution’ Ultra-high-resolution 4K upscaling technologies have been incorporated to upscale ‘standard’ HD-quality content to the quality of a 4K video signal.
- Included for the very first time in a Pioneer AV Receiver.The VSX-1131 has Google Cast, the same technology behind Chromecast built-in, so you can use your mobile device to cast your favorite music, radio, or podcasts to your speaker. You can control the audio from anywhere in the house using Cast-enabled apps running on your personal device—iPhone, iPad, Android phone and tablet, Mac and Windows laptop, and Chromebook. Discover apps at g.co/cast/audioapps.
- Multi-room Audio
- Another exciting first for the VSX-1131 is support for FireConnect™ Powered by Blackfire*4 via an upcoming firmware update. FireConnect enables any audio source connected to the receiver—from vinyl to streaming audio—to be sent wirelessly to a compatible speaker placed anywhere in the home. Stable, fast, and easily controlled, it’s the smart way to set audio free.
- Internet Radio and Online Music
- A limitless flow of music, sports, talk, and news entertainment from internet radio stations and online music services, including, Spotify® and for the first time TuneIn, TIDAL, and Deezer
- Built-in Dual Band Wi-Fi®*9 and Bluetooth® wireless technologies
- high-fidelity high-resolution sound sources can be enjoyed wirelessly through a Wi-Fi connection that supports dual band 5GHz (11a/n) and 2.4GHz (11b/g/n) offering faster transmission with fewer interruptions,
- Music can also be streamed simply and easily via the integration of wireless Bluetooth® .
- Hi-Res Audio Support
- 192kHz / 24-bit high-resolution FLAC, WAV, AIFF and Apple lossless file formats are supported, along with DSD (2.8/5.6MHz) *10 files.
- Uncompressed HD audio
- VSX-1131 supports various high-definition audio formats including Dolby® TrueHD® and DTS-HD®
- Other features
- Powered Zone 2
- Zone 2 Line Out
- iControlAV5 compatible
- AirPlay compatible
- Supports HDMI®-based control functions
*1 Multi-dimensional surround sound acoustics using objects. By mixing independent acoustic elements (objects) that incorporate the intentions of the creator (movement and arrangement of sound) as metadata with the conventional channel-based sound track, adjustable sound placement and movement is achieved.
*2 MCACC: Multi-Channel Acoustic Calibration System (automatic acoustic calibration system). MCACC is a proprietary acoustic compensation technology from Pioneer that can perform sound field adjustment at the same level as monitoring techniques employed in sound studios.
*3 Supported via a firmware update provided at a later date. The firmware update is planned in this Summer. Details on the firmware update will be posted on our website and through other means at a later date.
*4 Multi-room Audio is realized by FireConnect technology. The firmware installed in the AV Receiver needs updating. FireConnect i s a technology of Blackfire Research Corp,USA. We do not guarantee that the AV Receiver will support all devices incorporating FireConnect. The firmware update is planned in this Summer. Details on the firmware update will be posted on our website and through other means at a later date
*5 Speakers that support Multi-Room Audio are scheduled to be released going forward. The details of the speakers will be provided progressively on our website.
*6 HDR is a technology that expands the maximum brightness of video. HDR technology is used in the next-generation Blu-ray standard to expand the maximum brightness from 100 nit to 10,000 nit.
*7 BT.2020 is a video format standard that covers a wide color space more than twice that of the BT.709 standard currently used in Blu-ray and other formats.
*8 Supported via a firmware update provided at a later date. The firmware update is planned in this Autumn. Details on the firmware update will be posted on our website and through other means at a later date.
*9 Requires a wireless LAN network environment compatible with Wi-Fi standards and a Wi-Fi-based connection.
*10 Sound is reproduced by conversion to PCM.
PIONEER, MCACC, Phase Control, Advanced Sound Retriever, and the logos are registered trademarks of Pioneer Corporation, and are used under license.
The terms HDMI and HDMI High-Definition Multimedia Interface, and the HDMI Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing LLC in the United States and other countries.
Dolby, Dolby Atmos, and the double-D symbol are registered trademarks of Dolby Laboratories.
For DTS patents, see http://patents.dts.com. Manufactured under license from DTS, Inc. DTS, the Symbol, DTS in combination with the Symbol, DTS:X, and the DTS:X logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of DTS, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. © DTS, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
AirPlay works with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch with iOS 4.3.3 or later, Mac with OS X Mountain Lion, and Mac and PC with iTunes 10.2.2 or later. AirPlay is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
iOS is a trademark on which Cisco holds the trademark right in the US and certain other countries.
Wi-Fi® is a registered trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance. The Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Logo is a certification mark of the Wi-Fi Alliance.
The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. •”x.v.Color” is a trademark of Sony Corporation.
Spotify and the Spotify logo are trademarks of the Spotify Group, registered in the U.S. and other countries.
The product with the Hi-Res Audio logo is conformed to Hi-Res Audio standard defined by Japan Audio Society. The logo is used under license from Japan Audio Society.
Android and Google Cast are trademarks of Google inc. •Blu-ray Disc™, Blu-ray™, Ultra HD Blu-ray™ and the logos are trademarks of the Blu-ray Disc Association. .
FireConnect is a trademark of Blackfire Research.
All other trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective holders.