01Aug / 2017
August 01, 2017
Pioneer & Onkyo Europe GmbH activates DTS Play-Fi® wireless multi-room audio technology on its MRX-5, and MRX-3 Wireless Speaker with a firmware update available today (August 1, 2017). An update for select 2017-model Pioneer products, as well as 2016-model components listed below, is due by serially end of September.
DTS Play-Fi technology integrates with a variety of smartphones, and tablets, and allows listeners to wirelessly stream music over the home Wi-Fi® network to an unlimited number of DTS Play-Fi-compatible speakers.
The Pioneer Music Control application features a bright and friendly interface for simple control of streaming music from an iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, Android™ device, and offers access to popular streaming services. DTS Play-Fi can also locate, display, and stream music stored on media server or selected cloud-based services, as well as music stored on the device.
DTS Play-Fi synchronizes playback of a single source on multiple speakers in rooms around the home without need of a bridging device, and can stream different sources to different speakers simultaneously from the same mobile device. The technology also supports individual music streams to separate speakers from unique devices at the same time. Learn more at www.play-fi.com.
Firmware updates for network-enabled 2017-model Pioneer AVRs, entertainment systems, and audio components, together with SC-LX901, SC-LX801, SC-LX701, VSX-S520D, and VSX-S520 network AV receiver, SX-S30DAB network stereo receiver, NC-50DAB, and XC-HM86D network CD receiver, N-70AE, and N-50AE network audio player, FS-W50, and FS-W40 free style sound system, X-HM86D, X-HM76D, and X-HM76 network CD receiver system are due sequentially by end of September.
Integration of DTS Play-Fi, together with existing solutions for multi-room audio, provides freedom to tailor listening preferences to individual lifestyles. The technology makes music easier to enjoy any time, and adds further value to Pioneer entertainment systems.
For further information on Pioneer products supporting DTS Play-Fi technology, please visit www.pioneer-audiovisual.eu.
- “PIONEER”, and the Pioneer logo are registered trademarks of Pioneer Corporation, and are used under license.
- DTS, Play-Fi, the Symbol, and Play-Fi together in combination with the Symbol are trademarks of DTS, Inc. DTS and Play-Fi are registered trademarks of DTS, Inc. © DTS, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
- iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
- Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
- Wi-Fi® is a registered trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance.
- All other trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective holders. Due to a policy of continuous product improvement, Onkyo reserves the right to change specifications without notice.