27Mar / 2017
March 23rd 2017
With the "FAYOLA" music-systems FS-W40 and FS-W50, Pioneer introduces two new, ultra-modern music-systems and a completely new device genre. FAYOLA overcomes the limitations of ordinary audio-systems: it allows free setup and flexible configuration, transmits the signals in stereo as well as surround wirelessly to speakers, is almost unrestricted multi-room capable and can be used seamlessly with all streaming services and sound formats. The Pioneer Remote App for iOS and Android is available in the respective app stores for intuitive control - whether it is a single system or an entire multi-room network.
Let The Music Play - simple, intuitive, wireless and in all rooms in your home. The FAYOLA series wireless music-systems represent a completely new concept in music and movie sound reproduction. Integrated into a personal Wi-Fi network, the systems stream music in high-resolution 24-bit quality or uncompressed multi-channel film sound without the need for cumbersome cabling. Jürgen Timm, PR & Product Manager at Pioneer & Onkyo Europe GmbH.
The new freedom for music and film sound
The FAYOLA systems central media-center is flat, compact and not too heavy thanks to highly integrated board layouts. Its noble, reduced design with an aluminum surface and a new kind of ceramic reminiscent plastic also works in sophisticated rooms with a high quality and stylish design. This also applies to the supplied stereo loudspeakers, which both work actively and wirelessly and thus grant unrivaled freedom in positioning: a power connection is the only condition.
Extensive and future-proof
Personal requirements for a music system can change. This is why the FAYOLA systems are enhancing accordingly. For even more impressive sound, the FS-W40 2.0 stereo system can be supplemented by the matching FS-SW40 subwoofer, which works just like the main loudspeakers wirelessly and is extremely flexible to set up. This subwoofer is already included with the 2.1 stereo system FS-W50. For true movie theater, the basic systems can be converted into a surround system at any time. This requires only one - separately available – additional pair of satellite speakers FS-S40. The media-center understands the multi-channel soundtracks of Blu-ray discs or video services and automatically adjusts them to the available loudspeakers without the need of any cabling in the living room.
FireConnect ™: music from all sources - in all rooms, synchronously or individually
Music can entertain, inspire, soothe, improve everyday life and make even more intense moments. With FAYOLA, there is no longer any reason to limit this power only to the living room. No matter where the music comes from - from the Internet, from a locally connected source, from a streaming service such as Spotify, Tidal or Deezer, a hard disk, a USB memory, TV or a smartphone: FAYOLA can now use it to compatible devices throughout the house, can play with one or more of them perfectly synchronously as a group, or simply make individual sources connected to the main room accessible to individual users in other rooms*. The possibilities are almost limitless, especially since FireConnect is not only found in all new Pioneer multi-room speakers, but also in selected products from other manufacturers.
Best quality or high versatility? Most preferably both!
Music streaming is quick, but behind it are countless standards and formats. With the FAYOLA Wireless Music System, Pioneer has made sure that you do not have to think about it: as an open system, the user does not require any change, but offers him exactly the methods and ways he is used to. The most important subscription music services are already natively supported in the FAYOLA systems; Any further data sources can be transmitted to the system with just a few tips via WiFi, Bluetooth and integrated Chromecast built-in technology*. Over the network even Hi-Res audio files are played, whose resolution is far beyond the CD standard - whether PCM up to 192kHz / 24bit or DSD128 with 5.6MHz. Just enjoy instead of pondering: the best music system is the one you do not have to think about anymore.
Also makes the TV happy: HDMI already with UltraHD compatibility
Whether it is very soon or only in a few years - the next new TV will almost certainly be a 4K model, powered by UltraHD content from the web or from new players. FAYOLA has already been equipped with the latest HDMI technology, and continues to distribute image signals to its highest standard: 4k / 60p / 4: 4: 4 / 24bit with HDR contrasts. The media-center can even scale ordinary HD material (eg. from the Blu-ray Disc player) to 4k - and of course it receives via ARC also sound directly from the TV set.
Full control with a fingertip - The Pioneer Remote App
Basic functions can be controlled directly at the device via elegant sensor buttons, for all the further there is an IR remote control. The best way to use FAYOLA is the Pioneer Remote App for iPad, iPhone and Android devices. Multi-room zones can be managed and grouped, streaming content can be selected, inputs can be switched over and all functions of the systems can be mastered. Thanks to prudent programming and continuous updates, the app is always intuitive to use and allows you to make the most of all the capabilities of these enormously versatile systems.
The FAYOLA systems will be available from March 2017 in white and titanium-colored finish at the qualified specialist dealers. The retail prices are 1199,- € for the 2.0 stereo set FS-W40 and 1499,- € for the 2.1 stereo set FS-W50. The optional FS-SW40 subwoofer is available for a price of 429,- € and the surround satellite FS-S40 for 549,- € per pair.
- * Integrated Chromecast technology available for future firmware update.
- * Availability of services may vary by region. Customers are advised to check the availability before purchase. Some services require a paid subscription for full functionality.
- * Up to 96 kHz / 24 bit over a wireless network.
- * Pioneer Remote App is free to download from App Store / Google Play ™.
Notes for editors:
- PIONEER and its logos are registered trademarks of Pioneer Corporation and are licensed under license Is used.
- The terms HDMI, HDMI High-Definition Multimedia Interface and the HDMI logo are trademarks or registered trademarks Registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing LLC in the US and other countries.
- Dolby and the Double-D logo are registered trademarks of Dolby Laboratories.
- For information on DTS patents, visit http://patents.dts.com. Manufactured under license from DTS, Inc. DTS, DTS-HD, the symbol as well as DTS and the symbol together are registered trademarks. DTS-HD Master Audio is a trademark of DTS, Inc. in the US and other countries. © DTS, Inc. All rights reserved.
- Wi-Fi® is a registered trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance. The Wi-Fi CERTIFIED logo is a trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance.
- The Bluetooth® word mark and the Bluetooth logo are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc.
- Spotify and the Spotify logo are registered trademarks of Spotify Group in the USA and others Countries.
- Android, Google Play, and Chromecast are trademarks of Google, Inc.
- Blu-ray Disc ™, Blu-ray ™, Ultra HD Blu-ray ™, and the logos are trademarks of the Blu-ray Disc Association.
- iOS is a trademark in which Cisco has trademark rights in the United States and certain other countries.
- FireConnect is a technology of Blackfire Research Corp., USA.
- All other trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.