24Aug / 2017
Audirvana Plus is a HiFi software player for the macOS Platform that enables audiophiles to replace iTunes. The audiophile desktop music player acclaimed worldwide by users and audio specialists launches today its new version, Audirvana Plus 3.1. This new version was developed with the collaboration of the reference brand, Pioneer & Onkyo Group
Audirvana Plus 3.1 was developed with the help and close collaboration of the Pioneer & Onkyo Group which actively participated in the development of this new version of the software, by providing support including a wide range of representative models of network players (Pioneer N-70AE, Pioneer N-50AE, Pioneer N-30AE, Pioneer N-70A, Pioneer N-50A) as well as the VSX-1131 Home Cinema Receiver.
With Audirvana Plus 3.1, audio files can now be sent to network players which will benefit from the sound quality of Audirvana Plus even when the Mac is not directly connected to the audio system. In order to easily identify the network players that have been tested and certified as compatible with Audirvana Plus 3.1, Audirvana Plus created a new sticker called « Works With Audirvana Plus ».
From a technical point of view, Audirvana Plus 3.1 configures the audio processing of the network player to optimize the sound quality:
- Any PCM format audio file is sent in an uncompressed WAV format thus, avoiding the network reader from performing decompression processing potentially harmful to the sound quality,
- Any DSD format audio file can be transmitted directly uncompressed (or converted to PCM if the network drive does not support DSD)
- MQA decoding is performed before being sent to the network drive, thus enabling the network reader to read the Hi-Res content of the MQA file.
- All audio filters (such as upsampling to PCM or DSD, AudioUnits plugins [e.g. for equalization and digital room correction]) remain active.
This new 3.1 release expands upon the existing acclaimed features and benefits of Audirvana Plus, namely:
- Offering a significant increase in Sound Quality during playback;
- The convenience of a complete library manager;
- The decoding of all popular audio file formats (WAV, FLAC, Apple Lossless, MP3...), DSD formats (SACD ISO,…) as well as the new MQA HiRes format;
- Complete integration with HiFi streaming services such as TIDAL and Qobuz
In order to get the best possible Sound Quality and transform the Mac computer into a very high-end HiFi audio source, Audirvana Plus:
- Significantly reduces the audio signal path to minimize any electromagnetic interference
- Employs signal processing (needed before converting to analogue) with algorithms offering much higher quality than those used in most digital to analogue converter (DAC) chips
A free 15-day trial version of Audirvana Plus 3.1 is available.
Audirvana Plus 3 - Purchase Price:
- 64€ excl. VAT for new customers
- 34€ excl. VAT for any Audirvana Plus user of a previous version
- Free Upgrade for any customers who purchased Audirvana Plus 3
About Audirvana Plus
Founded in 2011, Audirvana is a French company created by Damien Plisson, a well-known developer considered as an expert in the audiophile community. Since its creation, Audirvana developed the HiFi Software player for Mac, Audirvana Plus that rapidly became a reference for audiophiles around the world. Thanks to the Sound Quality and the reliability it brings, Audirvana conquered the sound engineers that use it in Studio as well as in Concert. Audirvana received many awards such as recently the Audio Excellence Award 2016 from the Japanese magazine AUDIO ACCESSORY.
About Pioneer & Onkyo Group
In March 2015, Pioneer Home Electronics Corporation (Pioneer founded in 1937 as Fukuin Shokai Denki Seisakusho) and Onkyo Corporation (founded as Osaka Denki Onkyo K.K in 1946) unified their activities and changed their names to Onkyo & Pioneer Corporation. The company is globally respected as a leading force in developing, manufacturing and distributing audio- & video components, with subsidiaries and affiliates around the world.
The element that has not changed in all these years is the passion for audio and video products that we hope to share with the world. From the employees at our research labs looking for the "next big thing" to the engineers at our factories focused on quality assurance to our product trainers explaining the new technology to our customers - we remain passionate about creating an unbeatable entertainment experience.
For more information visit: audirvana.com